Why is Protecting Yourself and Your Family so Important?
In truth nobody really wants to think about getting sick or dying, but life is full of unexpected events and protecting your family with life assurance is one of the most important financial decisions you can make. It means your family could get a lump sum if you die or become seriously ill, or you could receive an income if you are unable to work because of an illness or injury. This could help to maintain your standard of living and make sure that your children could have all the opportunities you’d love them to have, such as going to university.
Take a look at the Life Cover and Specified Illness Cover claim statistics below for 2011*:
- The average age of claimants for Life Cover was 61 years of age. For Specified Illness Cover it was 52 years for males and 48 years of age for females
- 62% of Specified Illness claims were for malignant cancer and 22% were for a diagnosed heart condition
- The average payout for a Life Cover claim was €62,158 and for a Specified Illness Cover Claim was €59,379
- 1,311 Life Cover claims and 603 Specified Illness Cover paid out
People naturally tend to insure their assets such as their home or car, but often neglect to insure their most valuable assets, their income and their lives.
You should ask yourself:
- Would my family be able to maintain their lifestyle in the event of my death?
- Would I be able to live off my savings if I was unable to work due to illness or injury, keeping in mind any extra medical expenses alongside my usual outgoings?
- Have I put a plan in place to look after my family should anything happen to me?
If you answered no to any of the above then you need to think about putting protection in place and should arrange to speak to an Adviser to find out what types of cover best suits you and your family’s needs.
Protection plans are a type of insurance, also known as life assurance, which can help protect your family financially if something happened to you. We have different plans to help protect your family for different circumstances.
- Life cover can help you protect your family financially if you die by providing a lump sum when they need it most... read more
- Specified Illness cover gives your family a lump sum if you suffer from a serious illness covered under your specific plan... read more
- Income protection protects your income if you are unable to continue to work after an accident or illness. Income protection does not cover you if you become unemployed... read more
The cost of Life Cover depends on your age, health status and the amount of cover.
Life Term Cover pays your family out a lump sum if you die during the term of the plan and can be used to help them maintain their standard of living or ensure your children can enjoy all the opportunities you’d love them to have, such as going to university. Request a meeting below with one of our Advisers who will be able to make personalised recommendations about what cover best suits your needs. And your pocket. Please note you must keep up your payments to stay on cover.
*Claim Statics: Irish Life Retails Claims 2011
Life Cover, Specified Illness Cover and Income Protection are provided by Irish Life Assurance plc. EBS d.a.c. is a tied insurance agent of Irish Life Assurance plc for life insurance products. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.