What you'll need to open an account
By bringing the documents you’ll need with you, you’ll save time and have your new account opened in no time. Whether you are a new or existing EBS customer, to open a new savings account you will be asked to provide:
- Personal identification documentation – such as a valid passport or valid driver’s licence. You must bring an original, not a copy.
- Proof of your permanent address – for example, a current utility bill, dated within the last six months (Gas, ESB, landline phone), bank statement, motor or home insurance renewal document. Again, documents must be originals.
- Proof of your PPS number
If you are opening a children or teen savings account you will need to provide the above documents for yourself and the following for the child:
- Personal identification documentation – Birth certificate, passport or your passport if they are named on it.
- Address identification for the child – for example, your recent utility bill or bank statement.
- Proof of the child’s PPS number
If the child does not live with you, we will need a utility bill from the parent or guardian who lives with the child and a note signed by them stating that the child lives at that address.