EBS uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website for our customers. By using this site you agree that we may store and access cookies on your devices, unless you have disabled your cookies. You can find out more here.

I accept cookies from this site

Daily Banking

Here for you, every day...


What you'll need to open an account

By bringing the documents you’ll need with you, you’ll save time and have your new account opened in no time. Whether you are a new or existing EBS customer, to open a new savings account you will be asked to provide:

  • Personal identification documentation – such as a valid passport or valid driver’s licence. You must bring an original, not a copy.
  • Proof of your permanent address – for example, a current utility bill, dated within the last six months (Gas, ESB, landline phone), bank statement, motor or home insurance renewal document. Again, documents must be originals.
  • Proof of your PPS number

If you are opening a children or teen savings account you will need to provide the above documents for yourself and the following for the child:

  • Personal identification documentation – Birth certificate, passport or your passport if they are named on it.
  • Address identification for the child – for example, your recent utility bill or bank statement.
  • Proof of the child’s PPS number

If the child does not live with you, we will need a utility bill from the parent or guardian who lives with the child and a note signed by them stating that the child lives at that address.

Please contact us if you have any queries about opening an EBS savings account on 1850 654 321 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Important! Fraud prevention measures. By proceeding further you are deemed to have read and accepted our terms and conditions and privacy policy